Timeline

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Little Man

I'm going to attempt to type one-handed since the little man insists on waking up every time I put him down! He normally takes a decent nap in the middle of the day, but lately, he only wants to nap if you're holding him. This could be a problem. I've got things to do!! Mainly laundry. Lots of laundry. Atticus went through 6 outfits in less than 2 days!! So, we're trying the next size up in diapers to see if that helps contain the poo-namis.

Earlier today we went over to see my cousin Nikki's new house here in Austin. It's only a couple miles up the road - which is great! The house is really nice - it's got a great open layout, big bedrooms and a HUGE bonus laundry/storage room. After the tour of the new diggs, we all went to lunch at Phil's Ice House. They have really yummy burgers and veggie burgers, are connected to Amy's Ice Cream (score) and have a huge playground for Zoe.

Little man was so good. He just sat all calm and awake in his car seat during the house tour, lunch and while Zoe played outside. Cool as a cucumber. Why is that? We're home and he screams. We get out in public or around other people and he's quiet as a mouse! He was fussing yesterday so I took him up to Hobby Lobby. I picked up some wooden letters to decorate his room. A week or so ago I found a cool retro red propeller with silver hooks on Craig's List. I think it's supposed to be a coat rack or something but I thought it would look cool over the crib with his name dangling from the hooks. My only question is how to decorate the wooden letters. Do I paint them or cover them with scrapbook paper in a modge podge paper-mache type crafty thing? I did pick up some paper that all coordinates with each other - just not sure it will go with the room. Hmmmm....

There are some new pics posted to Picasa. And I'll try to get some more. For now, I'm off and running since Atti is starting to scream. That's what I get for trying to put him down again! We're going to have to do something about the screaming when not being held....

No comments: