Timeline

Sunday, October 12, 2008

12 Weeks Old

I can't believe it. It's been 12 weeks since Atticus was born. 12 whole weeks. How did that happen? Where did the time go? (It's been 12 weeks since I've slept 8 hours in a row - perhaps that's why I'm so unaware of the whooshing time?)

I return to work tomorrow morning. I am so incredibly thankful for my job and the ability to work remotely. It will be tough to close off my door from the rest of the house and leave Atti with Marianne -- but I know it will get easier. Tomorrow will be rough. I haven't been away from Atti for more than an hour at a time. I fear I will be an emotional wreck. I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster for Mom's that must leave their child in a day care facility outside the home. I miss the adult interactions and using my brain to problem solve -- but I know I'll miss the mid-morning nap on the sofa with Atti curled up on my chest too.

OK, well I'm off to shower now because I know I'll be running around like a mad woman in the morning. I can do it. Atti will be fine.

No comments: