Timeline

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Big Apple

We made it. Greg, Atticus and I have all arrived safe and sound in NYC. We're in our sublet apartment, mostly unpacked... and settling in.

The past week has been nothing short of a blur. Greg finished up his last final and turned in two papers. I was working and trying to tie up loose ends before we hit the road. This past Thursday after I finished work, we packed up the Expedition and hit the road. We stopped in Waco to get a drink and stretch our legs. When we got out of the cars, Greg looked at me and said, "I know the first thing we forgot... all of my dress shirts." Oh you've got to be freaking kidding me! Seriously? Ahhhhh..... The plan had been to pack them last since they'd just come back from the cleaners and they were all hanging so nice. They were supposed to lay on top off all the stuff to avoid getting wrinkled. Sigh. I guess that's what we get for packing for 11 weeks in 2 hours time. Well, poop. I decided that on the upside, it was a holiday weekend and I could hit a few good sales before I flew up here to NYC. Back to the road for us. We made it to Dallas just before 2 am. Yeowzers. We were exhausted to say the least.

After some sleep, Greg hit the road and Atticus and I headed over to the Pailet's baby naming ceremony for their new daughter, Miller Frances. Then, Atticus and I took a blissful nap over at the Grand Bubbe's house. Ahhhhh... I wish I could curl up and nap with the little man everyday. It was sooo nice and I know it won't last forever. By the time we woke up, did a little visiting and headed back to Plano, it was time for dinner, bath and bed! We checked in with Greg who managed to drive all the way from Dallas to Terre Haute, IN in one day. My tush hurts just thinking about all that time stuck in the car. (I am so glad that Atticus and I decided to fly... I can't even begin to tell you!) Saturday was just nuts. I went to the outlet stores and picked up a few shirts for Greg. I stopped at Target and bought a gift for Bryce Miller's birthday party. I went to Kohl's and bought a few more shirts. I ran into the grocery store and got a couple jars of food for Atticus. My Mom and I went to Bryce's first birthday party. I visited with my old buddy Matt Traub when he stopped over at my parent's house. I visited with my parent's friend Barb who came over to visit... I didn't even get a chance to call my friend Traci or a few others. Hopefully I'll be able to see them on my way back to Austin.

In other Atticus news... the little man is rocking and rolling these days. What a great age. He can pull himself up to standing just about anywhere - couch, crib, coffee table... His personality is starting to show though a bit more too. He's quite determined when he wants something and he's started batting your hand away when he doesn't want something. He's been very giggly the past few days which has been fun. Pops has been quite successful at getting him to giggle in the mornings and Bubbe has been getting some big belly laughs when she tickles him. I love it. Of course today on the flight he wooed all the flight attendants. Who knows what I could talk my way into when I've got little man with me! Seriously - he's so darn cute I could get away with just about anything! Hmmmm, that may come in handy here in NYC!

Well... although it's only 1045 EST, I'm headed to bed. I will do my best to update the blog often while we're here. Our location ROCKS - and I have a feeling there will be lots of pictures over the next 11 weeks.

Till tomorrow...

No comments: