Timeline

Friday, May 15, 2009

Exhaustion

Dude. I'm tired. Atticus is tired. Bubbe is tired.

Does anyone know how to do that fancy little trick where you put your pointer fingers together and it pauses time? I would really like to pause time for say... 5 hours or so while Atticus is asleep so that all of us could get just a few more hours of uninterupted snoozing.

Alas, I don't think it's meant to be.

But... I have started reading a sleep book which has been recommended by several friends called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I'm only about 50 pages in (that's all I could get read on DART today) but I put into practice the very first thing tonight. Instead of starting bathtime at 730, I moved it up to 7pm. And, I admit - we did bath, lotion, books, a few minutes of nursing and then Atticus just crashed. Quick, easy, painless. I didn't wait any additional time to make sure he was "really asleep"... I just picked him up and set him in the crib once he stopped nursing and the kiddo passed out.

Let's hope this is a good sign and he sleeps well tonight and naps well tomorrow. I love when he wakes up happy. Sigh...

I'm off to bed too...

Mazal Tov to my friends Kevin and Mahra Pailet on the birth of their daughter, Miller Frances Pailet. And to my remaining pregnant friends... stay cool as the weather heats up and I can't wait to meet your little ones too later this summer!

No comments: