Timeline

Friday, May 29, 2009

I Don't Want to Grow Up

Well, I didn't make it over to Rockefeller Plaza this morning (it was drizzly rainy and well, I just wasn't awake and dressed in time). But - I did watch Taylor Swift on tv and I'm pretty impressed with her. She's only 19, was the top selling artist of 2008, wrote or cowrote all of her songs on both albums... is on speaking terms with her parents, best friend, etc and hasn't been splashed all over the news for doing who knows what with the wrong crowd. In fact, she just appears to be a good kid with some good pipes. Go Taylor. I wish you lots of success.

The rest of the day flew by... work, lunch with my boys at a place around the corner, a little more work...

And then... Greg, Atticus and I walked over to Toys-R-Us at 44th and Broadway. It's HUGE! The was a purpose in going. My Mom had a great idea (thanks Bubbe) to get some of the foam squares with the letters in them to make a "rug" for our living room since it's all hardwood floors. What a fantastic idea. A rug that's padded in case little wobbly people tump over and whack their head on the floor! Greg also wanted to look for some cable thingy to make our Wii work with the tv here. No cable, but we did find the squares. Cool. I'll try to take a picture. Back to the store - we'll have to go back. There's a ferris wheel inside the store. Yes, inside the store! I'd like to find a time when it's not totally nuts and overrun with tourists, but I don't think that's possible. We'll see. Queue the music "I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid..."

Tomorrow afternoon, Atticus and I are headed out to JFK to spend a couple hours with my dear friend Jen Jackson before she heads off to Namibia. I'm not quite sure where we'll be able to meet up outside of security - but we'll figure it out. I'm just happy we get to see her since I was unable to attend her surprise birthday party in San Francisco a couple months ago. Atti and I will have our first subway/train adventure when we try and navigate our way from the apartment to the airport!!

Other than that... I'm trying to stay awake to watch the last Tonight Show with Jay Leno. That's one thing I miss about being in Texas - the fact that all the shows are on an hour earlier! The Tonight Show doesn't start until 11:30 here. Oy that's late for us old folks! I really want to go to bed, but I'm going to try and hang in there a little longer.

Thanks to everyone for all the restaurant recommendations and ideas for things to do/see while we're here. I look forward to keeping everyone updated as we tool around the big city!

No comments: