Timeline

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Central Park

Today started out a bit rough... Atticus decided he was WIDE awake at 6:15 am. Ouch. I tried in vain to get him to go back to sleep until about 6:45 when I caved and just crawled out of bed and took him to the other room to play. We let Greg sleep until about 9 am when I thought I was going to pass out from exhaustion. I traded with Greg and passed off Atticus. I was able to eek out another hour and a 15 minutes of sleep - ahhhhhh. The rest of the morning was pretty uneventful - just playing with the little man and goofing off at home. Everyone napped after lunch and then we hit the streets.

We walked north up 7th Avenue into Central Park. There must have been some sort of Puerto Rico Parade or something because we saw a ton of folks with flags, playing music, etc. (Queue the music from West Side Story.... it kept running through my head!!) We had no specific plan - we just wandered the park for a while. We ended up at the Central Park Carousel. Atticus and I took a spin on the horses, it was great. Atti wasn't so sure at first what was going on -- but I think he had fun. (I know he liked the big leather belt strap I used as his "seat belt".) I've pretty much given up on trying to keep things out of his mouth. It's hopeless. There have got to be some teeth coming in soon, but then again... I've been saying that for months.

Jen and Atti at the carousel. First I sat in the "buggy" and then I got brave and took Atticus on the horse for the actual ride!
Looking out from the park towards our "house"


The weather is supposed to be bad again all week. Blech. Thankfully, it's been nice on the weekends so we can get out a bit. More adventures soon!

1 comment:

April Seeds said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I wish I had know you were in Dallas before your move to NYC. Let me know next time you are here so we can get together.