Timeline

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New York Wrap Up

Ok... so this post is way overdue and who knows if I'll even remember all of the things we did in our last week!

Have I mentioned our last two brunches? Not sure. We met two of the other summers (Lee and Peter) for brunch in Tribeca at a great place called Bubby's. I had strawberry-rhubarb french toast made with with cinnamon raisin challah. Oh yeah... yummy.






The next day, the Badens met up with our friend Michael Addison from UT who was also interning in NYC this summer. We headed to the Upper West Side to Sarabeth's. Another fabulous restaurant. (I had almond crusted french toast -- what can I say, I was feeling rather carb happy). In a somewhat related note - I was thrilled to discover that the local HEB carries Sarabeth jam and preserves! Score!

Atticus and Greg went to the Met.

The three of us visited Top of the Rock. Awesome views. Way closer than the Empire State Building.

My last day in the city, I was able to meet up with another old friend for lunch, John Craig. I hadn't seen him since 2000 I think. Crazy! It was great seeing him and getting to catch up on the past 10 years, even if we had to squeeze it into an hour's lunch before I jetted off to the airport.

I'm sure there are other highlights I'm leaving out... but that's a pretty good start for now.

No comments: