Timeline

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Big D

Seems like we've spent a lot of time in Dallas recently... and it looks like my love affair with I-35 isn't over yet. My department is currently interviewing for my replacement (sniff....) and I'll need some face time in Dallas for the transition. And of course, once that's complete, I'll need some face time with the new team. Yikes. Essentially that means another 2 or 3 trips to Dallas in the next month. (I haven't told my Mom yet!) On the upside however, she's getting to spend lots of quality time with Atticus before we move to Ohio!

This past weekend, we went to Dallas to attend the wedding of my coworker, Georgia. It was a beautiful ceremony - I really loved the vows! Of course, one of the highlights was the dance performed by Georgia, Chris and all their attendants. It started off with everyone linking arms and swaying -- singing the song from Stand By Me. Then the music did a little jog, everyone spaced out and the whole party did the "Thriller" dance. It was awesome. It was a good night out, and Greg was able to spend 4 hours getting caught up with Linc. I think that was his highlight.

So far this week has been pretty uneventful. We started off today awfully early at 5 am thanks to a barking dog somewhere behind the house. That was not ideal -- but, on the flipside, Atticus did actually take 2 naps today. But, then it took forever for him to fall asleep tonight! It's really a no win situation for me. If he only naps once, he's Grumpy McGrump by about 5:30, but if he does take two naps, he doesn't want to go to bed! I'm curious to see what kind of napping schedule they're planning on keeping at the JCC. Hmmmm.... life could get really interesting next week!

Well, laundry calls... till next time...

No comments: