Timeline

Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Car"ma and the SweetBerry Farm

First, let me say we had an awesome day out at SweetBerry Farm. Atticus and I spent the day with my cousin Nikki, her husband and their two girls, Zoe and Paige out at the farm. The directions on the website are a bit misleading - it definitely took more than 50 minutes to get out to Marble Falls - but what the hey, it was worth it. There were pumpkins galore -- of every variety! There were pony rides for the older tots, face painting, pumpkin painting, pick your own wildflower fields, corn filed mazes, hay rides, goats, etc. I think Atti's favorite part was just the big open fields where he could just run and run. I got a few pictures, but Skip got a few more - so once I combine them, I'll get them up on Picassa. It was a great fall day...

And then... I returned to the car. The car that I'd parked on the very farthest row, almost in the farthest corner of the parking lot. I went to put Atti into his seat and noticed that whoever had been parked next to me had opened their front door into my front right quarter panel leaving a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) dent in the car. Do you have no concept of other people's property? How do you not say something? Leave a note? Try to page the owner? Needless to say, Greg flipped a lid.

So, for the next 6 days until I leave for Dallas, I'm going to try and not drive the car. Apparently I'm cursed so he thinks and every little dent or ding in the car is my fault. I'm sure I'm also to blame for the war in the mid-East and the unemployment rate in the States - but there's only so much I can do. I just won't drive anywhere, though I'm sure lightning will strike the car and it will still be my fault. So, cross your fingers, say a prayer, put a pin in the voodoo doll -- whatever works, just hope that nothing else happens to the car.

2 comments:

rhondadiane said...

aww, Honey, I'm sorry you feel so bad. I understand - because somehow Brian also sees these kinds of things as my fault in some way or another. Guess the guys need to put blame somewhere. Hmmm, wonder why we women aren't that way.....

rhondadiane said...

aww, Honey, I'm sorry you feel so bad. I understand - because somehow Brian also sees these kinds of things as my fault in some way or another. Guess the guys need to put blame somewhere. Hmmm, wonder why we women aren't that way.....