Timeline

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Craptastic

That's kinda how I feel right now. Not feeling all that great, got too much on my mind, and there's not a lot I can do to change things right now. Ugh.

Work is busy, busy, busy as we deal with a re-org and all that goes along with the changes. I'm also trying to balance my time and energy between two teams now. That should be interesting. I'm sad to leave my old position, but eager to start the new one. Typical, I think. But, I'm dreaming about reporting changes, databases and spreadsheets. Not exactly a relaxing night's sleep.

Atticus is doing allright - just being a bit of a pill in the afternoons. Most kids give up the morning nap and keep the afternoon nap for a few more years. My child, oh no... he's got to be different. He's decided the morning nap is just fine - he goes down about 3 hours after waking without a fuss. Just plop him in the crib, hand him a wooby and he's out for the count. He's napping usually about 2 hours. The problem is that he's then awake from 11 or noon until bath and bed at 730 pm. It's a nightmare. He's out of control by about 530 or 6. This past week, he's actually laid in his crib in the afternoon, but he won't sleep. He'll roll around, play with the animals, fall asleep for a few minutes, roll over, stand up, lay down, etc but he won't truly fall asleep for any amount of time. He'll stay in his room quiet for about 45 minutes or so - but it's just not enough to recharge his batteries. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. The only thing that's changed is that I've fully weaned Atticus. I know... it's bittersweet. Atti's doing great, and I'm still crying a little when I think about it. :) We were both ready though...

I think Greg and I need a vacation. :-) With all of his travel, and the interviews, and my travel - we need to duck out for a couple days. We're going to meet Nicole and Brad in Las Vegas in November -- which will be FAB -- but I really think a beach is in our future. I miss our vacations. They keep us sane.

Maybe a good night's sleep will be the cure for now. Let's just hope I can dream of the waves and the beach and not about Revenue Credits. (Trust me, you don't want to know what I'm talking about...)

No comments: