Timeline

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Comedy of Errors

I'm choosing to look on the bright side tonight. Although, the bright side is a little dim because the weather was overcast today. :)

I left work this afternoon, packed up Atticus and headed to the airport to pick up my Aunt. I knew she was landing at 1:40 and that Atticus had a doctor appointment at 3:10. I got off work a few minutes after 2pm and headed to the airport. I'd emailed last night asking for the flight information and a cell phone number - but hadn't heard anything by lunch time today. A quick text message over to my cousin, and I had the cell phone number. Figured, OK, I'll call when I'm close - she should be out of baggage claim and waiting for me.

Sigh.

Things never go smoothly for me. At least for the past week and a half. I called a few times, no answer. But - the goofy thing was that it rang and then went to voicemail as opposed to going directly to voicemail. If it had gone directly, I would have figured that her flight was delayed and the phone was off.... but with it ringing, I was totally confused. Turns out two things - the flight WAS in fact delayed, and the cell phone was not in my Aunt's possession. Problem. I'm circling the airport with no way to get ahold of my family! Add to that, I had to leave to get Atticus to the doctor!! Ack! Some quick thinking on my cousin's part - and he had my Aunt paged at the airport. I heard from my Grandma while I was about halfway between the airport and the doctor's office. The story ends well however. I made it to the doc's at 3:12 (not too bad) and my Aunt did make it to Georgetown. Whew.

Everything went well with the 15 month checkup. The stats:

Height: 32.5 inches (I seriously think he's taller)
Weight: 25 lbs and 8 oz (I think they should weigh him directly after lunch when he's about 2 lbs heavier)

That puts Atticus still in the 75-90% for height and 60-75% for weight (I think I got that right -- the sheet is nowhere close to the laptop).

Chocolate milk is a no-no. Stick to regular ole whole milk. No sugar coating the milk to get him to drink it....

Eggs are OK. Atticus can have eggs at every meal if it makes him happy.

Eczema is back - need to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I'm also going to start adding in some mineral oil and/or some Burt's Bees Apricot Oil to the baths.

Poor guy also got 4 shots today. He received MMR, Chicken Pox, Hep A and his second flu shot. He's really tough, he didn't really cry until the final shot. I felt really bad though -- that's a lot for one day. I wonder if I should have done two today and two in a week? I guess it's too late now, but I'm sure I'll be up for hours tonight thinking about it. The whole reason we'd started with the alternate vaccine schedule was to slow down the shots - but with starting daycare at the JCC on 11/2 -- he had to be all caught up to attend. Ugh. Hopefully I'm just worrying for no reason, but with my luck the past few weeks, I'm really nervous. I don't know what I'm nervous for... I guess just scared there will be a bad reaction and that I'll feel like a jerk for allowing him to get so many shots at once. Oy. I'm normally a what's done is done kind of girl -- but this will keep me up for a while yet tonight.

Then there's still work.... I'll be dreaming of vaccinations and databases tonight. Sounds restful, huh? This re-org is definitely not making things any easier for our department!

For some random good news... we'll be headed back to Dallas AGAIN this weekend, but this time to attend a wedding. Yay for weddings. My coworker is getting married this weekend and I'm hoping for a beautiful night!

No comments: