Timeline

Friday, May 14, 2010

Vocabulary

Two of Atticus's teachers told me this afternoon that he's starting to say new words almost every day. Yay! Of course, some of the words make no sense to me -- he seems to have invented his own words for a few things, but we're finally rocking and rolling with the vocabulary.

Over the past couple of weeks, Greg and I are pretty sure we've heard: rock, bicycle, car, truck (which for some reason Atticus calls gowa), cheese (Atticus's word sounds like choo), color, shoes (which also sounds alot like choo), and a host of other really random things. He's really getting into saying "mine" and "nope".

A few other really cute habits that have appeared recently -- he likes to give his stuffed Tigger a hug. He doesn't do this to any other stuffed animal -- just Tigger. He's also been wanting to take Cheerios to bed. I'm not sure this is one of my more brilliant ideas -- but it keeps him occupied for a little while longer when he wakes up allowing me more sleep. :) This won't really matter very soon -- but it has been convenient this past week. Atticus also gives me a big hug when I put him to bed. He rests his head on my shoulder/neck then lays down for bed. So sweet....

No comments: