Timeline

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birthday Party

We had a great time yesterday at Ben and Emma's birthday party. It was held at My Gym which was a really cool location. So cool in fact that we may do Atti's party there too! It's difficult to find an indoor location that caters to 2 year olds! I've found a ton of great activities for older toddlers and kids... but it's tricky when they're still little. I'd love to do the party at the local park - but it is so stinking hot outside and the kid's wading pool doesn't open until noon. Isn't that just a bummer?

But anywho - the party was a blast. The kids got to ride on a zip line, jump in a big ball pit, climb up ladders, walk the balance beam, tumble in big rolly-polly mat like thingies (that's the technical terms), play with a parachute... oh, and eat cake too!

The only question is whether or not to invite all his school friends. Those are the kids he sees most often - so I'm leaning towards yes even though we saw most of them yesterday. I'm not sure if the parents would all want to come back to the same location for another birthday party for the "school kids". But - I suppose, that's why it's an invitation. You don't have to come...

We do hope that Atticus's friend Milo comes to the party. I think Atticus has a bit of a kid crush on Milo. It's really funny but he gets very excited when he sees Milo -- and yesterday Atti kept following him around and trying to mimic his actions and give Milo lots of hugs. :-) This of course is exactly opposite of his reaction to my dear friend Amy's daughter Katie (that we visited with over Memorial Day Weekend). Atti and Katie look like brother/sister pushing, pulling, and generally annoying one another.

I took a bunch of photos at the party yesterday, but I haven't freed them from the camera just yet. I'll try to get that done tomorrow when I'm down to juggling only one screaming child, 3 moving companies, a grumpy husband (Happy Father's Day my love) and a bunch of other assorted errands.

No comments: