Timeline

Monday, December 6, 2010

A Couple of Things

Thing 1 - Atticus has been in rare form all weekend. Out of the blue he's now fighting sleep again - both nap and especially bedtime. I'm talking about screaming so loud and hard I thought he was going to make himself throw up. We can't figure out why. If you ask him what's wrong - he'll ask me or Greg for "one more hug" or "one more story". The only catch is that this goes on and on and when you leave the room the screaming starts all over again. It was almost 10:30 pm before he fell asleep last night. Needless to say Greg and I were exhausted and starving because we didn't get to eat dinner while trying to keep Atti from screaming and waking Wren!!!

Thing 2 - Wren has also been fighting sleep. She's going down without any issue for her morning and afternoon nap, but only staying asleep for 45 minutes to an hour before waking. Then... just when we get Atticus to fall asleep for the night, Wren's waking up! For a while, she was sleeping from about 7:30pm until 3 or 4 am... Sigh. Now, she's going down at 7 -- waking up around 11 and then again at usually 3, 5, and 7. I think for Wren, it's a combination of growth spurt, learning to crawl, getting new teeth, starting to babble -- she's just got too much going on in that little brain to sleep! (Of course as I say that -- her morning nap today is going on 2 hours long. Oy!!)

I'm bloody exhausted. Mentally. Physically. How is it that all I want is 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep and I just can't seem to make it happen.

No comments: