Timeline

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daycare

I'm a little sad. My baby starts daycare tomorrow. I know I've been blessed to be able to employ a nanny while working from home... but the logistics and the associated costs of daycare for Atticus plus the nanny for Wren was starting to take its toll. So, it's with mixed emotions that the little lady will go to The Gathering Place tomorrow with her big brother. I know it'll make my conference calls a little less stressful, but it will also make my days a little less bright. I loved being able to pause for a moment here or there and listen to her giggle and play downstairs. The social interaction will be good for her -- she's had a lot less exposure to other kids than Atticus did. Atti was lucky that I had a few friends from my birthing class, plus other good friends in Austin with kids... Wren, poor thing, she gets to play with her big brother and peek in at the kids in Atticus's classroom, but she's had very little interaction otherwise. This will be good for her. (That's what I keep telling myself!)

I'm also going to miss having MacKenzie, Brianna and Julie around the house. Life can get pretty mundane when you're working from home with no adult interaction. Perhaps the occasional work date at the local coffee shop is in my future again...

No comments: