Timeline

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Flight to Dallas

Pardon the expression - but it was sheer Hell. Oh my goodness. Both of my children screamed for the majority of the 3 hour flight. It was awful. When the jet turned on the runway to begin taxiing for take-off, Atticus got upset because it was quite loud. Then -- the plane is in the air, and he refused to look out the windown, he just had a death grip from my left shoulder to my left elbow and kept trying to bury his head in my body. (Mind you at this exact time, I'm also attempting to nurse Wren to help with her ears...) As the plane gains altitude, Atti tells me that his ears hurt. He has his wooby, he has juice... neither is working. Wren isn't doing all that great either. I thought certainly she'd fall asleep -- we had to wake her early and here it was smack dab in the middle of her nap schedule. Nope. I'm attempting to bounce Wren, nurse her, move her from one leg to the other all with only my right arm because Atticus won't let go of my left arm. I tried bribing him with breakfast. I tried bribing him with M&Ms. I tried the new stickers in his Elmo backpack.... just about the time he was sort of calming down we hit a small bout of turbulence that sent him over the edge again. Oh, and add to this that I'm still shifting Wren around and the guy in front of me apparently was peeved and he threw his chair backwards clocking Wren in the head with the tray! I was speechless! (I know, hard to imagine...) Seriously -- it's pretty obvious that I was trying everything in my power to get the kids to calm down. Sigh... Atticus is doing well with his words and his vocabulary. He kept telling me that he didn't like the airplane and that he wanted to get off NOW. He wasn't so happy with having to stay strapped into his chair. Poor guy. On the upside - I didn't have to take either kiddo to the bathroom on the plane and the gate crew took my stroller out of the bag and reassembled it for me when I got off the plane. :)

No comments: