Timeline

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mortified

Atticus has a new trick at school that's going to get him kicked out. Diaper digging. If he goes poop and the teacher doesn't notice right away, he's decided that the best course of action is to then remove the poop himself. Yep. With his hands. But wait, it gets better. They he either steps on it, or squishes it on a wall or ...

Seriously? Atticus? This has happened a few times? WHAT?

I just picked him up from school and he told me, "I make better choices Mommy." He was telling me this while looking me directly in the eye as if to say, "I'd like to make better choices Mommy." I'm kind of at a loss for what to do next. It's a safety issue -- so we have to devise a way for it to NOT happen again at school. But what else can we do? We offer every kind of reward/treat we can for sitting on the potty regardless of the outcome. But so far, he just hasn't shown much interest. He'll tell us when he goes, and he wants a new diaper, but we haven't found a way to get him to sit and stay on the pot. To anyone that knows Atti well, this won't come as much of a surprise -- but the kid is go, go, go! We have yet to find any activity that will interest him for more than 30 seconds.

Maybe over the long weekend, he'll just run around without pants for a few hours at a time? We've got to get him going on the potty!

Oh - and if my day couldn't be any more fun... I also had to go pick up Atticus because he has a rash across his torso and part of his back and he needs a doctor's note that says it isn't contagious. I don't think it is - he's just got sensitive skin and allergies (thanks Mom), but now we have a 4 pm with the pediatrician just to be sure. So, I went and picked him up, got him home and he finally fell asleep. Two minutes later - there was a knock at the door and the landlord's son is here to mow the grass. Oy. Really? Now? I asked that he start with the front of the house, away from Atti's room.... Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

April Seeds said...

Oh no! If it makes you feel better Tristan wasn't completely potty trained until 3/4. He would pee-pee on the potty but not poop. Oh boys are so hard to potty train. Hang in there.