Timeline

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Party Plans

Here's the plan thus far...

Food -
  • Popcorn to be served in paper cones (orange cones that I've painted with a white stripe to look like construction cones)
  • Go-Gurt Simple (because I felt I needed something a bit more substantial than just snacks incase the tots don't get home in time for lunch before naps)
  • Mini pretzels
  • Fruit salad (thought about fruit skewers, then thought sharp sticks and 3 year olds might be a bad idea!)
  • Dirt on a stick because it just sounds like fun and I have a lot of Oreos already at the house
  • Build your own cupcake station with strawberry and vanilla cupcakes (Atticus' choice) along with three types of frosting, sprinkles, oreo "dirt" and mini chocolate chips as toppings
  • Juice boxes and bottles of water
We've got a couple of automatic bubble blowing hand-held thingies for the kids to play with and we're bringing our bubble machine. We've also got hard hats and stickers to decorate them with...

I'm sticking with the orange and green theme from the invitations (diggers, dump trucks, cones etc) and I found on-sale orange table cloths, paper plates, cups and plasticware for 75 cents a package! Woo hoo. I've got some wooden dump trucks that I hope to use for the cupcake toppings. If that doesn't work -- they'll just be decorations and/or take homes for the kids. Crayons were on sale for back to school sales -- so I was able to pick up 24 packs of Crayola crayons for 39 cents each. Then, with a 25% off coupon - I was able to get coloring books for 75 cents -- which means the thank you for coming to my party take home gifts are coloring books and crayons. :-) I really wanted to find Tonka truck or Bob the Builder coloring books, but I wasn't able to...

As for things to do -- I was going to plan activities, but then thought -- eh...they're all right around 3 years old, do they really need organized activities just yet? So, we'll have the bubbles and I'm bringing a bunch of trucks for them to race around the pavilion with -- and then we'll just let them loose on the playground. I really wanted to create a demolition station using the cardboard bricks and some sort of wrecking ball, but I don't own any of the bricks and it seemed a bit silly to buy them just for the party...

If anyone out there has any other last minute brilliant ideas or if you think of some way to greatly improve upon my plans thus far... let me know. I have Friday afternoon to finish crafting, baking, etc and the party is this weekend!!

No comments: