Timeline

Saturday, October 15, 2011

At the Car Wash

I was trying to think of something new to do with the kids this afternoon after nap time.  We created a "carwash" in the backyard for the Matchbox cars.  It wasn't thought through quite all the way -- but we made it work and the kids had fun.  I did not however get any pictures.  Bummer.  We had a cookie sheet filled with shaving cream that functioned as our sudsy bubbles to drive the cars through, we had a bucket of water, a watering can, a spray bottle of water, lots of towels and washcloths...

I think it went well.  It was messy, and as I type this I'm reminded that I have a pile of dirty, wet, shaving cream covered clothes and utensils outside -- but all told, something new.  

Tomorrow's activity is going to be a bit more academic perhaps?  I've got a bag of colored pom poms and I thought about somehow putting colors at the bottom of a 6 count muffin tin.  (Paint.. construction paper... a crayon?)  Once we know which bucket is for which color - the kids (ok, this is mainly for Atticus) have to use tongs to pick up the pom poms from a big bucket and place them in the right spot in the muffin tin.

I've been reading alot of mom blogs lately -- and there are some fantastic ideas out there.  Lots of ideas for things to do that incorporate sensory stuff too which I think Atticus and Wren will enjoy.  I'll post links to my favorites soon.

No comments: