Timeline

Friday, November 25, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Can I get a hallelujah?  The conversion kit for Atticus's crib is FINALLY here.  Now we just have to drive across the Ponchatrain to pick it up.  Yes - totally serious.  My little man will not be sleeping in a crib when he leaves for college. 

Of course, since I'm travelling this week -- Greg will probably pick up the kit and we'll wait until next week to assemble the big boy bed.  That also buys us a week to purchase a mattress, but this weekend may be a great time to find one ???  possibly if there are Black Friday type deals at mattress stores.  I'm off to do a wee bit of research momentarily. 

I really wish there was a Hobby Lobby close by however... we will finally have the crib converted to the full sized bed, we have some new Hungry Catterpillar sheets from Bubbe and Pops (which he absolutely can not wait to use), some new big boy bedding in Navy, and all we'll be missing are some good accent pieces.  I have some cool things I found on Craigslist ages ago that will get incorporated somehow including 4 navy blue airplane shaped pegs (like for towels or backpacks) as well as a red propellar that has has 3 silver "hangers" on each side.  Apparently I thought Atticus was going to need to hang a lot of things in his room?  Anywho, since he still loves planes and cars -- I'm going to stick with planes for the moment.  I love that the bedding is so bright (although it is a tad more muted in person) but the main colors are a deep blue and red, so we can move without issue from sports themes to airplanes to race cars to just about anything else.  And that is why I wish there was a HB closer by.  I'm going to peruse the online store -- and hopefully I can find what I *think* I saw in a store ages ago!!  Gotta love it. 

I still want to get the Euro Pillow Sham (probably with the personalization because I'm dorky like that) that matches the quilt.  We have the lamp coming as a Hanukkah present.... I should have been stocking up on PB Kids stuff when I worked at Pottery Barn so many years ago.  Oy...

Ok... I'm supposed to be working on a million things other than the blog right now -- but this was a nice break!

1 comment:

Ir MD Nursyazwi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.