Timeline

Saturday, November 26, 2011

For Real

I'm now officially a parent.  I have been woken up in the middle of the night -- gone into check on my three year old when he looks at me a bit funny (it's barely 5 am mind you) and says "I don't want this."  What baby I ask and he holds out his hand.  In my sleep induced state, I reach out to take what he's handing me only to discover it's a fistful of vomit.  Fantastic.  I can see where the rest of my morning is going...

Little man proceeding to barf off and on for about 2 hours.  Somewhere around 8 am the diarrhea started.  I was cursing my decision to get rid of all the pull-ups when I remembered there was still a small stash of size 6 Pampers.  None of this however seems to have slowed Atticus down a bit.  He's still been running, jumping, sliding, bouncing and everything in between since this morning.  I had just put him down for nap and gotten about halfway down the stairs when he announced he needed to go poop again.   45 minutes later he went down for his nap.

He's been running a low fever - I haven't even bothered to measure it - but seems to be acting totally normal.  Let's hope it's just the 24 hour stomach bug that's been making the rounds...

No comments: