Timeline

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Death

I revert back to my original stance -- this weekend just sucks.  I learned today that a friend of mine lost her Grandmother this morning.  I know it's a blessing in itself to be out of college with living grandparents - but I really wish we could celebrate Thanksgiving by giving Thanks, not by attending funerals.

Just when I was getting over the news from my friend, I received two messages from my friends and neighbors back in Perrysburg.  Our next door neighbor, John, lost his fight with a rare and aggressive form of bone cancer this afternoon.  He was 39.  He has three amazing kids - 16,14 and 11.  I'm reeling from the news.  He was diagnosed sometime this spring.  It hasn't been long.  Atticus had so much fun over at their house this past summer.  He shouted good morning across the fence to John and Michelle daily and was always asking if he could come to the pool or bounce on the trampoline with their youngest daughter.  It's heart breaking...

So - even as my kids are acting up and being total pain in the tushes -- I'm going to go give them and my husband a big hug and kiss and be thankful for each day I have here.

No comments: