Timeline

Friday, April 20, 2012

Work. Lots of Work.

Oracle.  Ahhhh Oracle.  This launch would have been so much easier if I'd gone to "oracle school" like I joked about so many years ago... Really. 

There are a million immediate needs at work right now.  It's nuts.  Trying to wrap up Q5, start a new fiscal year in a new system including all the re-shuffling, re-orging, re-naming, etc. 

Right now, I'm trading emails back and forth with a big boss out on the west coast.  I know conceptually what he wants, I just cant figure out how to get my cube to report it the way I want.  Quite frustrating. 

Then there's the documentation.... of what you ask?  You don't want to know.  Really, I won't bore you.  It's a great report and process that I'm trying to get down on paper.  The problem is that I've never done formal documentation and I don't think I'm all that great at it.  I used to say reporting was my forte -- but after the past few hours trying to do this other report, maybe I need to go back to the drawing board?  Anywho - I've had to postpone my documentation meeting for a few days because I've been up to my eyeballs trying to get folks staffed to Oracle and working on a few reports for the execs.  I thought I'd have time to work on the process flow stuff tonight - but then there was a snafu with the report - and here it is almost 1 am and I STILL need to add swim lanes to my Visio and make some edits that were discussed earlier in the week for my 8 am call. 

I just venting a bit.  So much to do that it's hard to know where to start...

No comments: