Timeline

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pennies From Heaven

If you've ever seen the movie, heard the song, or read Dear Abby -- you've heard that when someone in heaven is thinking of you, they send down a penny from heaven.  I always tear up reading the stories - I know, I'm a sap - but now I may do so even more.  Since my Grandpa Mike passed on May 23, 2012 my family has found countless pennies.  Dozens.  Seriously.  I haven't ventured outside of my house yet today, but there are still several hours left for me to find one!  And if it's not me, then Atticus I'm sure will have found one today at school.  That's just been the way it's gone for the past couple of weeks.  Bright pennies, old rusty ones, pennies in strange locations, pennies placed so obvious you have to wonder why no one noticed them before!!

Thanks Grandpa for all the pennies.  We miss you too.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Grandma Jean and Grandpa Mike.  It's from July 2005 at their house in Georgetown, TX.

No comments: