Timeline

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Shoes!

I really feel like the kids feet are growing at an alarming rate.  Seriously.  We stopped by the mall on Saturday to have their feet measured and it was recommended that we already move up a half size for each kid.  Yikes, they literally just started wearing their current shoes!  I understand why folks get kid shoes at Payless, especially when we're running through them so quickly.  But... that's also how I justify actually buying Stride Rite and other good quality shoes for them while they're young.  Don't you want the best support for their growing feet?  Oy.  Dilemma.

The funny part -- if given the choice between their Stride Rites and their Target shoes -- both kids pick the SR's first.  With the exception of Crocs.  Everyone loves Crocs.  Poor Wren found a pair at the mall that she loved, but we couldn't get the stretchy band over her fat little feet.  Ha.  How is it that both my kids have wide feet?  Who knows?!?

Eh... there's really no point to this post.  Just a ramble.  In the meantime, I'll patiently wait for another 20% off coupon to arrive from Stride Rite so I can get another pair of sneakers for the two monsters.  :)  Thanks to Katie, Wren is stocked with size 7 shoes (her current size).  I'm not sure why Amy only passed on size 7 shoes - Katie must have been really hard on all her other sizes, ha!!

No comments: