Timeline

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Other News

Today was my last official day with Hitachi Consulting.  I'm sad, disappointed, a bit frustrated and a tad excited.  I'm not sure now just what New York will bring for me... a lot of decisions, that's for sure.  I'll definitely miss my team - I've been really lucky and worked with a great group of folks for the past 7.5 years.  That's the tough part of leaving a great job... but the horizon is filled with possibilities.  Perhaps I'll stay home with the kids.  Maybe explore going back to my first love of theater and film?  Maybe look for a new gig in a different industry?  Right now, the focus is on getting up to the city, unloading the truck and settling in.  After that, we'll see.

Of course, it seems that since we will be in the city, there will be no shortage of visitors.  I'm got four friends coming in for various reasons between the end of September and the beginning of November.  SWEET.  Actually, it's kind of crazy... I'll get to see friends I haven't seen in years.  I can't wait to see Rainbow, Michelle, Nicole and Nic.  I'd best work on finding a baby sitter, STAT!  I have a few potential leads on qualified candidates for babysitting - so there's at least that.  :-)

I know I'll see a lot of my HCC friends when I'm in Texas... but it's still a sad day.  It's definitely a different place from when I started in 2005, but I'll miss it!

No comments: