Timeline

Friday, September 28, 2012

Surviving

Well, we've made it just over a week without the sky falling.  There was some rain (and some very wet wet Badens) -- but we're hanging in there.  We've done a ton of walking.  Now I know why there are nail places on every corner -- your feet really take a beating living here.  (And I haven't even tried doing a ton of walking in anything other than sneakers!!)  I did order rain gear for the kids today.  I'll put in my order for some rain "wellies" in the morning... let's just say that walking 10 blocks in the rain while pushing a stroller was NOT fun.  I have also now figured out which bus will pick up closest to the apartment and drop off just caddy-corner from the daycare!  That will be coming in handy, I'm sure...

The house is mostly unpacked.  Still have some work to do in the bathrooms and closets -- and there isn't a thing on the walls, but we're making progress.  We have to decide how much we want to hang on the walls -- since they're concrete, hanging anything is a much more intensive adventure!

The kids are settling into daycare.  They still are pouting a bit at drop off, but it's going fairly well.  That's a huge relief.  They need some consistency back in their lives!


No comments: