Timeline

Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

Batman and a Strawberry.  We weren't sure if the full festivities would really happen in the wake of Sandy.  But -- even with a cancelled parade at school, the kiddos in our building rallied to have a successful evening.

The kids helped me fill up our two big bowls of candy and set them outside of our door.  Greg was supposed to be home to great the little ghouls and gobblins - but... well, he was still in Chicago!!  So, once we were all dressed and the candy was set outside it was time to rock and roll.  I took a picture of the "map" downstairs that showed which families were open to having Trick or Treaters and we headed to floor 21 with the thought that if we made it to top, we could walk the stairs down.  As luck would have it, on one of the top floors, we ran into a 5 year old Robin (real name Jack) and his Dad who was dressed as Batman.  I figured out that this was the son of the woman I'd recently met in the elevator.  Jack lives on the second floor and I think we now have a new friend!!  The boys and Wren had a ton of fun running around and knocking on doors.

And then... of all things, when we were on our floor, Atticus saw a young tween dump both bowls of candy from in front of our door into his bag.  I walked over to our door and sure enough, both bowls were completely empty.  Atticus burst into tears saying that the boy had taken all of the candy.  I was so surprised and busy trying to console Atti and Wren that I didn't grab the kid.  I went inside to get the second bag of candy to set out while trying to calm the littles down.  In the mele, we lost Jack and his Dad.  But, with our bowls back at 100%, we set off to finish the floors.  When we got to the second floor, we found Jack and his family.  Robin, the mom, invited us in and then we managed to have a wonderful evening!  The kids played so well together, I had a couple glasses of wine and met some neighbors.  We ordered Pad Thai and had a lovely evening.

I'm thrilled to have some new friends in the building and so are Atticus and Wren!  This isn't the best photo - but I couldn't get both of them to look at me at the same time!!  :)


No comments: