Timeline

Monday, November 5, 2012

Apologies

So.... we figured out who the tween is that stole the candy.  I mentioned it to one of the other moms in the building, and from the costume description she knew exactly who it was.  Then, as luck would have it, I noticed the boy on my own down in the lobby.  I spoke with the doorman to confirm his identity and asked if I could get their apartment number to speak with his Mom.  I figured, if it was Atticus that had taken the candy, I'd want to know.

The doorman spoke to the Mom when she returned home and on Saturday, our doorbell rang and the Mom and the tween were there and apologized to us.  It was the right thing to do, and I was glad to see the boy own up to his actions and admit that he had taken the candy.  He told Atticus that he was trying to be funny, but he knows that it wasn't a good choice.

So... lessons learned for all the ages.

No comments: