Timeline

Thursday, December 6, 2012

A little of this and that...

Goodness.  Where to begin...

Been a tough week.  Atticus is being a pill this week - not sure if he's upset that Wren's been staying home with me, or if it's been Greg's crazy work schedule, or just the reduced schedule he's been on?  He got in trouble for hitting at school and then twice this week he's reenacted the Clorox commercial where the little boy comes in and tells his mom that he went potty... Mom runs in to see, looks in the potty and looks at the boy and says, WHERE??? Yeah - that's been fun.

Wren is still screaming at the drop of a hat.  That's a treat too.  Little lady refused to nap today and was trying to refuse bedtime too until she just pooped out...

In other news -- I managed to grab a bagel with an old friend who was passing through town (and meet her kids).  I had coffee with and a lovely albeit cold stroll with Teresa and Vivvy.  I've gotten a bunch of holiday shopping done -- just need to wrap it all.  I've made plans for a lovely brunch this Sunday.  The kids and I attempted a tree lighting at the local park.  That went mostly well -- although I still think I'll take them next week to see the tree at Rockefeller.  Also on tap is to go by the big menorah here on the UES for the candle lighting.  Oh - and I really want to go by all of the window displays too.  Teresa was telling me about a big suspended snowflake and a light show set to music at Saks.

Lots to see and do in the next few weeks.

Oh - which reminds me.  The four of us did get out for the company's family outing.  We went to the Big Apple Circus.   We had popcorn, cotton candy, ice cream, cracker jacks, hot dogs... and we saw a pretty cool show too.  The kids really enjoyed the trapeze artists and the horses, but my favorite was probably the contortionist.  That woman was unreal.  Insane strength and wicked bendy...

Hmmm... what else have we been up to?  Visiting the various parks in town.  A very exciting trip on the bus to the Target.  Looking for a job... which, speaking of -- keep your fingers crossed for me and if you're inclined, say a big giant thank you to every angel you know for helping me get a jump start.  Now the ball's in my court and I'm feeling pretty confident.  I love people.  I love numbers.  I won't say any more for the moment.  :)

I know this is a random collection of thoughts - but it's been a while since I've talked to all of you.  So... what else can I share?  Atticus is learning about the solar system at pre-k.  He's pretty excited.  He may also be willing to try out the Museum of Natural History again too.  Of course, he would like a trip to Times Square too.  Wren is also getting a much tighter grasp on letters and spelling.  Both kids can count to 10 in English, Spanish and French unassisted.  Atticus can do Hebrew too.  I'm trying to speak more French when I think about it too -- the more they hear it, the less "foreign" it will be... Actually, just hearing the amount of French spoken around the neighborhood makes me want to brush up on my skills!  That's what we get for living around the corner from the Lycee Francais!

Ok, I'll have to wrap up for now before I truly start babbling... but I promise to write more often.  Promise!  I swear.  :)

No comments: