Timeline

Monday, December 10, 2012

Window Displays

I had high hopes for this evening's entertainment... we (ok - mostly me) wanted to go see some of the holiday window displays in the fancy stores.  So, by the time we finally got all our ducks in a row and made it to the bus stop, it was 4:40 pm.  We made it to 57th and Madison about 5:30 pm.  YIKES!  Good thing we were on the bus and not trying to take a taxi, it would have cost a fortune!

I was going to give you a rundown of some of the displays, but it's been covered by so many other folks who say and describe it a bit better.  HERE is the site we went off of to start our mini tour.  We managed to see Louis Vuitton (cool gold displays), Bergdorf Goodman, Barney's, some of Tiffany's -- and of course the big giant snowflake that looks like it's suspended in the sky over the intersection.  I think the snowflake was the favorite of the kids.  I really wanted to see Electric Disney display at Barney's but alas... my children (maybe they're not really mine?) weren't nearly as excited as I was.  Bummer.  Who doesn't love Mickey Mouse?  I mean, come on for Pete's Sake!

And, after all that - we still didn't see the big menorah, which is part of why we went down on the first night of Hanukkah.  Well, I suppose this means I'll just have to take the kids one day this week when it's hopefully a tad less busy?  Let's hope.  We also missed Bloomingdale's which I'd like to see too... And, if you read to the bottom of the Mommy Poppin's article, there are some great ideas for things to do by Bryant Park.  :)  Smush anyone???

So many cool things, eh?

No comments: