Timeline

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Cards & Jumbled Thoughts

In theory - you should have all received a holiday card from our family.  It contained a lovely note and some warm wishes for the upcoming 2013 assuming the Mayans were not correct.  However, you will probably note that the post office has yet to deliver this stunning article to your mailbox because I have yet to make it to the post office here in NYC despite walking past it at least two times a day.

I'm working on it, I swear...

In the meantime - I've been interviewing, caring for sick kids and trying to organize the household for our stay-cation.  Greg's been having some crazy hours the past few weeks -- as in only home for between 3 and 8 hours per day.  Yeah, do the math -- between 16 and a whopping 21 hours a day at the office.  However, one of the deals supposedly finished (???) today so perhaps we'll see some more of him at least until the new year begins.

Last Friday started off great.  I dropped the kids at preschool and treated myself to a salon "blow out".  (I know, that means something totally different once you have kids!!) Alas, it was a wonderful treat and my hair looked amazing, I must admit.  I ran home and began to get ready for my interview.  Of course, I didn't want to mess up my suit, so I waited until about 15 minutes before it was time to go to put it on. Uhhhhh... not sure if I've mentioned my Weight Watchers challenge with my bestie Nicole -- but while this normally would be an awesome "problem" to have, my suit pants were literally falling off me.  As in, even with the belt, I was hiking at them every two seconds so that I wouldn't trip!!  I thought about taller shoes, but I was afraid that would make the situation even worse!!  So, me and my too big suit, hurried out the door.

In the reception and waiting area, there was a movie playing on the small tv -- which I was partially ignoring because I was busy watching the world hustle and bustle outside as it can only do in NYC.  Then, someone came over to the receptionist and asked if she could turn on the news.  Along with the nation, I sat there in disbelief staring at the television.  I should have asked them to turn How to Eat Fried Worms back on... watching the tragedy unfold was NOT the best thing to see 2 minutes before the interview and opportunity I've been waiting for.

So, while I'm fairly confident I did well in the interview, the days since then have been spent hugging my kids and holding them close and doing alot less worrying about the interview.

On the upside, I did get a cool new gadget for my birthday and some lovely flowers.  Thanks babe for helping bring some beauty to the day and weekend.

No comments: