Timeline

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Ex Pat Party

Since there are a fair number or Americans living Between The Commons -- we decided to throw a 4th of July party on the 5th of July.  I know -  not quite the same, but you work within your means!

We rented out the local One O'Clock Club - which is a location that's harder to explain than it should be.  Let's just say it's a venue that's dedicated to kids mostly under the age of 5 - but they let the older ones in every now and then.  Pot luck style - each family was responsible for something and believe it or not, it worked out fairly well.  There was one rock star who created an entire Hot Dog Bar with every topping imaginable.  There wasn't a grill on site - so we had to bring everything in - but it worked out fairly well.  The biggest downside to our venue?  No alcohol since it's normally geared towards kids.  Bummer.  4th of July party without beer?  But... we survived.

It was good fun to see old friends and meet some new ones.  We waved some flags, ate well and the kids ran around and had a good romp.

I'm looking forward to our next big adventure with the Americans.  Probably a Thanksgiving pot luck??

I do have a few photos of the party - but my media drive is now separate from my laptop and I've got the laptop disconnected from the drive so that I could type on the sofa.  Dilemma.  But - I'll upload the photos once back at the desk...

No comments: