Timeline

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Still No TV - September 6, 2007

Hmmm, since I last wrote we've been busy little bees. There was our first law school happy hour at Little Woodrow's. That was interesting. Mostly 2L and 3L students rehashing their summers. We left there and walked past MoMo's and I was quite excited to see Matt Powell up on the billboard. We rounded the corner, went up the stairs, and paid our $5 apiece. The door guy asked us then who we were there to see and we replied Matt. Well, turns out he cancelled last minute. D'oh! So, we asked for our $ back and went home to bed. In my younger days, I would have stayed to check out who WAS on the bill...but alas it was late, and still a school night so we headed home.


Saturday was our big day - the first UT home game. We had a late lunch over at Kerbey Lane (our weekly haunt) and then drove to a parking garage just north of campus to leave the car. I love Kerbey. Yum. We wandered campus. We went into the alumni center since I am an active Texas Ex. This was a bonus, because the alumni center is air conditioned. :-) And... they gave us fans on a stick to use at the game - BONUS! The UT cheerleaders game into the center and led a few cheers and tried to rile up the old folks. Then, we walked around the stadium to the student section. Why is it that the alumni always get the shaded seats and the students are left to melt in the sun? I'm ready for the shady seats! The game was good - our seats are pretty cool, right in the end zone in section 26. But it was HOT and I forgot how tiring it is to stand on the bleachers for 4 hours of football! Let's hope fall starts arriving soon.


Monday was our first anniversary. If you're feeling nostalgic, go check out our wedding photos. I'm hoping to get the domain name from our photographer once his year subscription is up. If that happens... I may eventually move the blog to that site. Of course, that means that I have to brush up on my HTML and other computer geeky skills. We debated where to go for our dinner and while the highly rated Wink was an almost, we chose to go to Melting Pot. I love fondue. So freaking good! It's hard to believe that an entire year has gone by. We're looking forward to many many more.


The rest of the week has been quiet, the only thing out of the ordinary is that we've been going to the gym in the mornings! Yeah us! It feels good to be back at the gym even if my arms are killing me. :-) This weekend is another crazy one. My friends Carla and Aron are coming down from Ft. Worth for the UT v. TCU game and I'm looking foward to seeing them. It'll be good times!

No comments: