Timeline

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Grocery Delivery

Seriously people in America.  You don't know what you're missing.  Remember waaaaay back when -- there was a company called WebVan that tried to get started doing grocery deliveries.  You people should have listened.  This is honestly the best invention EVER, especially if you have children, or live in a city where you either don't have a car or don't feel like looking for parking if you choose to move your car.  There's an app for my phone.  So - I'm waiting in the queue to pick up the kids at school and suddenly remember that I need pasta for the playdate later in the week.  Open the app, add it to the cart.  Boom.  Oh look, I have $40 in my cart - I'll schedule a delivery for tomorrow morning after I get back from dropping the kids at school.  Boom.  Next morning - a really nice man (sometimes woman) knocks on my door, carts everything into my kitchen for me, hands me a receipt, picks up my empty shopping bags from last time for recycling and away they go.  Think of something you forgot -- just open the website and add it to the trolley for the next delivery.  It's brilliant.  Far less impulse purchases.  Far less.  That means less crap hanging around the house.  Goooood idea!

Ok. That's it.  Just wanted to share how much I love Ocado and their brilliant delivery service and their amazing customer service.

1 comment:

Jen B said...

Oh... and did I forget to mention they also sell stuff too. Need a last minute birthday party gift? Add some LEGO to your order. Need a new pitcher for orange juice on the weekends, they've got that too. Brilliant. :)