Timeline

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Biscuits... I mean Cookies

Oh the vocabulary...

Did you know that if you want a cookie in England, you order a biscuit?  Odd.  But if you're looking for something that is served with cheese and/or a dip -- those are called crackers.  Sometimes.  Other times they're called "biscuits for cheese".  Oy the confusion.

Regardless.

There's a really pretty cookie shop that just opened on our high street called Biscuiteers.  They make really fancy iced cookies.  Really fancy.  They're also about £3 per cookie or close to $5 each.  Ouch.  But they're sooooo pretty.  They have icing classes at the store.  Right now, they're offering buy one get one free icing classes.  So, I bought a voucher.  I'm not sure yet who's going to go with me or if I'll just do two classes?  I suppose this is a late birthday gift to myself?  I don't know - it just sounded like a good idea and so I went for it.

HERE is one of my favorite tins that they do called the Vintage Traveler.

Next time I post pictures of my cookies, they're going to look amazing!  At least, that's the plan....

No comments: