Timeline

Friday, January 30, 2015

This Girl Can





I absolutely LOVE this ad.  We actually saw it on television here the other night.  Between this and the #LikeAGirl ad -- I'll have to post that one next -- society is starting to make some positive changes.



This girl can.  Yeah, so I don't look like a celebrity or Victoria Secret's model, but I'm going to the gym.  I'm showing up.  For me.  For my health.  I felt absolutely ridiculous at my first Zumba class, but you know what... it gets easier.  And you start to learn the moves.  And I can't drop as low as some, or wiggle as fast as others, but I'm having fun.  And getting my blood pumping.  And extending my life.  And showing my kids that exercise can be fun.  And proving to myself that I can keep up with them if they want to go for a jog or register for a fun run... I can. And I will.

No comments: