Timeline

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ricciardo in London

So apparently the kids and I missed meeting Daniel Ricciardo.  An honest to goodness current Formula 1 driver!  Not by much... We saw a crew setting up for a film shoot this morning at the house around the corner.  This is a pretty awesome house.  We pass it going to and from school as it sits just across from Clapham Common.  Ricciardo races for Red Bull Racing (which also explains why the crew were driving Infiti Q50s!

This afternoon on our way home, we could tell the crew was packing up.  We watched 8 spare Pirelli tires get loaded onto the truck.  Atticus and Wren were peppering one of the Red Bull guys with questions.  Where is the race car?  How will it get onto the truck?  Was there really really a real race car driver here?  Where'd he go?  Why can't I meet him?  How do you work the lever to get the car onto the truck?  Can I watch? You get the picture.  It was freaking freezing outside with crazy wind -- but the crew were really great answering all the questions.  And, they told us to hold on for a few more minutes and we could watch the F1 car get loaded onto the truck.  Pretty cool.  The car was actually a bit of a hybrid between the 2013 and 2014 models.  I'm not quite savvy enough to recognize all the nuances -- but it was really cool to see the car.

Did I mention that the pre-season testing began today?!  I hope I impressed the crew by knowing that little tid bit of knowledge!  I mean, come on... were they expecting a random American ex pat to know THAT?  :-)

If I can figure out how to get photos back onto the blog, I'll get those posted.  I know - I say that a lot.  It's just that I take photos on the phone and then have to move them to iPhoto and then sync them to Picasa and then upload them from there into the blog.  It's a bit of a pain.  I'm sure there must be a better way...

No comments: