Timeline

Friday, June 12, 2015

Can I Stay or Should I Go?

Lots going on at the Baden house.  We've found a house back across the pond.  Mazal Tov!  It's a good house and the landlord seems to be on the up and up from our first conversation.  We're walking distance to the train station.  We're walking distance to an elementary school.  We're walking distance to a few shops and restaurants - not like here in Clapham, but we'll manage.  The good news for those of you reading is that we'll have a proper guest room/office and a place for you to stay when you come visit.  So - pack your bags, we'll be ready to host by the time school starts back up in the fall of 2015.

On the other hand, I'm not ready to leave London just yet.  I've really loved living here.  As odd as it may sound, it really feels like home.  Everything from the house to the neighbors to the school to the big commons to the high street and the proximity of the tube and buses -- it's just been an absolute delight living here.  I'm thrilled that we decided to take the leap of faith and come over for two years.  I know the work situation has been less than ideal to put it mildly -- but everything else has just been fantastic.

I have tons more to say and tell you about -- but for the moment, I've got just over an hour till school pick up and a list a mile long of things to do.


No comments: