Timeline

Thursday, June 18, 2015

I'm an Excellent List Maker

My life at the moment is being run by calendars and to-do lists.  I'm trying to consolidate the lists - since I seem to have them in every room and at least one post-it note in every nook and cranny.  I think my to-do lists have to-do lists.  Perhaps I should be using MS Project for my life?

Oddly enough, the one fun thing I have to do, I haven't gotten to do yet!  We need to loosely plot out our European vacation!  Greg and I are pretty well versed at making up travel plans as we see fit.  But, now we have these two little people we have to consider.  So - we're going to try and get a few definitive trains and cities booked and then wander a bit in between the stops.  A few things to consider and ponder -- should we take a few days and visit Giza, Egypt while we're 'relatively' close?  I would LOVE to see the pyramids.  It's always been on the bucket list.  However, Egypt is experiencing let's just say a bit of political unrest.  It's not really the wisest time for some blonde haired and blue eyed Westerners to come traipsing about.  Or is it?  There are so little tourists at the moment - maybe the sight of us spending money and helping their economy would be welcomed?  Hotels right next to the pyramids are dirt cheap at the moment.  Cheaper than a Motel 6 in any of the flyover states!  Decisions, decisions.

And then, there's also Greece to consider.  Oh how I really want to see Greece.  Athens, Santorini, etc etc.  Greece is bankrupt.  The entire country.  There is a lot of unhappy Greek folks right now and it's also possible that a summer holiday there would coincide with protests and/or other areas of unrest.  But, I really want to go!  Oy.  We'll most likely only have between 3 and 4 weeks to travel.  Sounds like an amazing amount of time until you start listing out all the cities to visit and including travel time on the train between them all.  Barcelona, Nice, Toulouse, Venice, Milan, Murano, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Athens, Amsterdam, Brussels (the kids really really want to go for waffles & chocolate)...

But it will be an amazing adventure.  It's a once in a lifetime thing for me, no doubt.  I hope that our kids are able to do something similar again when they're old enough to remember it!  :)

No comments: