Timeline

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pond Hopping

So, in case you missed the big announcement.  :)  The Badens have jumped the pond once again and landed back in the US.  NY State to be exact.  While it seems all of our family is thrilled at this news, we're actually quite sad to see the end of our London rotation.  London life suited us quite well.  I am fairly confident that life will take us back to Europe in one way or another before too long.  I'm already plotting a 3 or 4 day stay perhaps mid-May during half term?  (Just thought I'd toss that out there for any UK friends that might be reading this and think - hey - we'd love to put you in the guest room/air mattress for a couple nights!!)

All things told - we're doing alright.  We're about 90% unpacked.  Mostly organized - with the exception of my office/craft room... but that's up next.  As soon as I finish rebuilding all the teensy tiny LEGO sets that got crushed in the move.  Sigh.  I was so careful to try and remove loose pieces and label the ziplock bags -- but a bunch of the big parts still got smushed.  Boooooooo.  I'm actually thinking now that I need to get some clear shoe boxes and put the sets that the kids don't play with all that often in boxes and then stack them in a closet.  But that makes me sad too.  I'm kind of Mr. Business in that way.  I want to build a pretty room with all the sets all built and then just look at them.  I don't want any of the little bows, or wrenches or whatever getting lost.  OMG.  I'm totally Mr. Business.

But yeah, we're here.  Lots to catch up on.  Mainly the 10,000 photos we took on our epic summer holiday.  It was a dream come true.  Not exactly how I imagined it would be when I was 18 and day dreaming of back packing Europe, but in some ways even better.  It was epic.  And fun.  And exhausting.  And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

But while I know I could write and write and write... it's actually Sunday night and I must get to bed before the fun starts tomorrow morning.

Been too long little blog... I'll be back.  I know, I say that often - but this time I swear.  Really, really.  :)

No comments: