Timeline

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Shhhh.... Enjoy the Silence

I've got 15 minutes until I need to go get the kids from their Clayworks club.  I should be cooking the chicken to make dinner prep easier - but I thought, why not be wild and crazy and do a blog post?

I'm in the midst of trying to decide which synagogue is the right fit for our family and where I want the kids to go to Hebrew School.  It's more complicated than you'd think from the get-go.  I grew up in a Conservative shul, but since Greg isn't Jewish - I had this notion that maybe a more Reform temple would be the place to go.  We attended High Holiday services at the Reform temple and even recently went to a New Members brunch.  That said - it's big.  That's good and bad I suppose.  Lots of kids, lots of families, lots of opportunities to get involved with different programs.... but the melodies were different for almost all of the songs and prayers and it makes me a bit nuts.

So, today, I went to meet with the director of the religious school at the Conservative temple.  After meeting with her and briefly talking with the Rabbis there -- I think it may be more "me".... But, it's smaller which means smaller classes, less kids, etc etc.

Oy.  What to do???

The kids are settling into school and enjoying the after school clubs.  Atticus it seems may have a knack for chess, he's had three classes thus far and is doing really well.  They're both in a class called Clayworks on Thursdays which they've enjoyed.  I can't wait to see what they've been working on once it returns from the kiln!

I have acquired lots of things to organize my office and craft room -- but it's still pretty much a disaster.  I promise to get stuff out of boxes and put away soon.  I've made a sizable dent in the playroom organization!  That's a start, right??

Ok - still need to organize the costumes for tomorrow.  Wren has a mini parade in the morning and Atticus is going to play bingo with the vets at the VFW in the afternoon.  Fun times.

Last thought - should I buy a piano?  I really want one.  I've wanted one since I was a kid.  I need to find a piano playing friend to come with me to look at the one that's for sale to see if it's a deal or not!

No comments: