Timeline

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Mental Turmoil

This has taken up a lot of my mental energy.  I suppose in a way that's good.  I'm thinking about it.  I'm trying to raise better humans.  Children who will show compassion to others, think about how their choices impact others and children who ultimately live full lives where they follow their hearts.  That's a lot of pressure to put on a person. 

I'll get off topic if I'm not careful, so this is me mentally skipping over a rant about something similar to move on to other issues at hand....

Where to send my kids for Hebrew School.  Which shul is right for me?  For my family?

These are big decisions. 

Ultimately, I've decided to go with the reform temple that's here locally.  I've met all of the clergy and several of the professional staff.  While it is different from how I was raised - there are many opportunities at this temple to be involved.  That I think will be the biggest factor for the kids.  Seeing both Greg and I involved as a family makes this the better choice.  And - as a friend counseled me recently - reform Jews are just as Jewish as conservative ones. 

Life is what you make of it.  The paths you choose to follow and how you look at problems, challenges, religion and relationships....

So - now I'm off to get the kids registered for Hebrew School.  Decision made.  Moving forward...

No comments: