Timeline

Monday, January 11, 2016

Walk Throughs..

This has been bothering me.  Because we were moving here from London, we were unable to do a proper walk through of the house before we were given keys and our stuff arrived.

There are several small things that are driving me nuts that I feel should have been fixed before we arrived.  The blinds covering 90% of the windows are in need of replacements.  Some of them were stuck together from a couple years of grime.  Not even half of the existing blinds have the little wand thing that allows you to open and close them.  And some of the windows were just missing blinds all together (namely two of the bathrooms!!).  We've gone to Home Depot and added blinds to the master bath (practically on day one).  I've just purchased some curtains for the office/spare room bathroom -- but I'm just annoyed.

The other major thing is that all of the pull chains on the ceiling fans are broken.  Missing.  For the master bedroom - it's not an issue, Greg always wants the fan on.  But for the living room - we can not turn on the light without turning on the ceiling fan.  The same is in Atticus's room.  It's all or nothing.  I find it obnoxious that we have to fix someone else's negligence.

Then - and this is small... none of the plugs in the sinks are attached.  I mean, it's not often that I wish to plug the sink - but if I wanted to do so, it would require me to do magic under the counter to then release the plug thing. 

In our lease it states that we are responsible for up to $250 I think of minor repairs.  Fine.  A bit strange, but whatever.  A bird flew into Wren's window shattering it.  I notified the landlord and was planning on calling a window company out to have it repaired or replaced.  The realtor who showed us the house wanted to see the damage so he stopped over.  He suggested that he get a piece of glass that is the same size and caulk it in to cover the damage.  Then, when it's warmer - we get the window replaced.  I suppose that's a decent suggestion?  But honestly, if it were my house, I'd rather just have it fixed??  So, he trudged off to the hardware store and then proceeding to caulk in a new piece of glass then hand me the receipt.  (Mind you he kept the gun, the caulk, the nails...)  Now I have to pay twice to get the window fixed.  It's just odd. 

But I'm really more worked up over the fans and the crappy blinds at the moment. 

Just rolling around in my thoughts driving me nuts....

No comments: