Timeline

Thursday, June 9, 2016

One Kitty, Two Kitty, Three Kitty?

So, we've been talking for a while about expanding our family.  It's been several years since Peanut passed and it was time to find another furry friend.  I happened to be on our neighborhood message board when I saw a post about 3 kittens that were rescued from a nearby fire.  Two were solid black and one was black and white. 

I just wanted to go look at them.  That was the plan.  Maybe pick one.  One.

They were so tiny.  And adorable.  And one of the black ones looked like a wobbly sailor.  He couldn't quite stand or walk like his sisters, but he was going to be the lover of the group, you could just tell.  (More on him later...)

I came home with pictures and videos to show Greg and we all decided to go take a look that weekend.  The theory was still to get one, possibly two.  

And somehow we adopted all three.

Yes, THREE kittens. 

I think perhaps I have lost my mittens and not the silly kittens! 

So - introducing: Lollipop (Lolli) the all black female, Oreo the black and white female and Lux (Lucky) the all black male.  This is the three all together.  I'll get some single shots uploaded as well.  They are approximately 6 months old -- born sometime in December 2015. 



Lux has a condition called Cerebellar Hypoplasia.  It won't get better or worse, it just is what it is.  I would classify his condition as severe.  That said, we've gotten into a bit of a routine and he seems to be adapting quite well.  Next up on our agenda is to build him a specialized walker/sling/wheelchair to see if he likes it.  Right now, I just carry him around alot either by hand or in my old baby sling!  I'm sure we make quite a sight. 


Here's Lux enjoying some sunshine.  Since he can't run away - I took him for his first outdoor adventure today.  He wasn't quite sure what to make of it all and ended up sneezing for 10 minutes.  Perhaps his allergies are as bad as mine!



No comments: