Timeline

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Full Speed Ahead Captain!

We're off and running.  All the clubs and after school things mentioned earlier are going, going, and going!  Swimming isn't our favorite activity yet -- but at least I'm feeling more confident that should our kids find themselves suddenly in the water, they can swim to the edge and get out without panic.

Tailwind Track Club has been amazing.  I've said for the past 7 years that Atticus's favorite thing in the world was running.  While I for the life of me don't understand that passion - I'm going to support him and let him run like Forrest Gump until he can't run anymore!  This however is difficult too because it requires dragging a sassy six year old to track practise at 7pm -- in the rain, in the snow, in the whatever may come...

Tae kwon do is also going really well.  I love that both kids are enjoying it and that we've been able to recruit a few school friends to join too!  It's a great group of instructors and they do wonders with the kids.

As for Greg and I (or would it be me?) - we're hanging in there.  I'm volunteering at the school library, I'm on the science committee which is planning for our STEM nights, I'm involved in a few other PTA events.... Greg is working like crazy.   I'm hoping life slows down for him a bit!

My mom underwent knee replacement surgery earlier this week and I feel terrible that I'm so far away.   After her fall earlier this summer, the break in her tibial plateau just wasn't healing and a recent MRI revealed that there was too much damage to the ligaments and tendons.  Booooo.  So, while I wouldn't wish knee surgery on my enemy - I'm truly hopeful that this is the end of a long road and recovery for her!


No comments: