Timeline

Monday, January 31, 2022

Bomb Cyclone is Coming

 Batten down the hatches.  2 feet of snow is on the way.  Well maybe not.  Oy.  Weather patterns are so unpredictable....  Every few hours the weather predictions and forecasts are changing.  It seems like we will get snow, but I somehow doubt it's really going to be THAT bad.  Of course, snow is truly only useful when you find yourself at the top of a ski lift, but I digress... I do think it will be fun to witness Queso romping around in all the fresh powder.  She may be the most excited out of all of us.  I'll be sure to get a video or two of the pure puppy joy.  

There is enough snow predicted that Atticus's track meet in Providence, RI has been cancelled.  Not that I'm all that sad about not driving close to 2 hours each way even if the experience is good.   Alas, we still have New Haven, CT to look forward to.  

So... I sit here at the kitchen table trying to think of all the kazillion things there are to update you on.  I mean obviously you know about the world's fascination with Wordle.  It's amazing how quickly that website has gone viral!  Apparently many of us have been searching for a way to use our brains and stretch our vocabulary skills.  Even Atticus has gotten in on the trend - so it must be sort of cool if the teenager is doing it.  He thinks everything is a waste of time.  Like coats.  Total waste of time.  It's only 4 degrees before the wind chill.  He'll only be standing at the top of the hill waiting on the bus for "like a few minutes max"... so why in the world would he wear the new Columbia coat that I bought him after he insisted that last year's coat was too small?  How dare I ask these logical questions.  

Follow up post to come with actual results.  :)


No comments: