Timeline

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Time Flies.

Wow. So how did it get to be January 5th already? Where in the world does the time go?

Happy New Year to everyone... Greg and I had a great night on NYE. My old college roommate, Tiffany Souders, another college bud, Allison Clark -- and both their respective other halves rented a cottage on the river in New Branfels. They were kind enough to invite Greg and I over for a low-key evening. We couldn't have asked for a better night. We played some dice game called Farkel -- gotta say, kinda fun actually. We built a fire in this big gong like fire-pit thingy, we grilled steak, corn, potatoes, and a ton of other stuff ... We wore party hats and honked our party horns at boats, kayaks, etc that passed us by... We went through a bottle of Grey Goose, 6 bottles of wine and some champagne AND - you ready... I sang karaoke with Tiffany and Ali. I KNOW. Me singing! Thankfully Tiff's dog is little and didn't howl too bad when I had the microphone!! It was good to see Tiff and Ali and I really enjoyed having some time to catch up and just hang out. Greg got along great with the boys and although he was hesitant at first to go to New Braunfels, I think he had a good time. Whew.

Now... we're in Dallas. Greg had a meet and greet at a firm this past Thursday, and I figured a few extra days in the Dallas office would be good for me and the team. Turns out, it was definitely a good move. With the changing of the year and the shift in focus at the office, it's been nice to have my coworkers to bounce ideas off of, and make sure that I'm headed in the right direction for 2008. Yesterday, my parents, brother, Greg and I all went to dinner at the Plano Tavern. Yum. The remainder of the weekend was pretty packed too. Greg played golf today with Shawn, Nick and Linc then headed off to meet Brian. Brian's had a lot of changes since we last saw him - he's completed his doctorate and I hear he's actually teaching a class or two! Whoa. Dr. Esp is a professor - how did that happen?

Tomorrow we'll go see Bubbe, Nikki, Skip and Zoe. And I'll try to meet up with Melanie before she and her gang move up to Kansas City. And then... I still have to catch up with Kristen (and finally return her veil) and my old Mahj buddies, and talk to Mahra, and Beletsh and Sandye and oy... so many people to see!

Sigh. I'm tired just thinking about all the things that need to be done!

No comments: