Timeline

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baby Naming

Saturday was the baby naming ceremony. It went really well and Atti had lots of visitors including his Great Grandparents Jeanne and Mike and the Grand Bubbe. Uncles, aunts, cousins and a few friends thrown in for good measure too...

The ceremony was brief, but beautifully done by Rabbi Leynor. Atti was given his Hebrew name, Adi Gershon and was blessed by the Rabbi. Greg and I chose the name Adi, meaning precious or jewel with the help of my dear friend Nicole. Gershon is the Hebrew name for Henry in honor of my maternal Grandfather and several Henrys' on my paternal side. The Rabbi read a bit and had Greg and I recite some words as well. Shawn did video the whole she-bang, so hopefully I'll have a link to the video soon. Got to love the YouTube! Pops, my Dad, has posted some family pictures on the Web for those interested. There are some great pictures of everyone.

Poof time flies and it was Sunday and time to head home. Greg drove my Grandparents's car with all of us and our piles of stuff back to Austin. My favorite part of the drive... I was sitting in the third row just behind my Grandpa (who was next to Atticus). Since it was still so steamy, we had the A/C cranked up in the car and I was afraid that Atti was a bit chilly. I put Grandpa Mike on blanket duty and it was so cute to watch him looking over at Atti and pulling up the blanket and tucking it into the edges of the carseat everytime Atti wiggled free! We do have a Houdini child, so there was lots of wiggling!

No comments: