Timeline

Monday, September 15, 2008

Smiling and Other Assorted Updates

Are you smiling at me? Did you rub my lamp?

A little Alladin reference for those wondering what in the world I'm talking about! I think we're going to say that yesterday was the first official "smile". Not the sly little grin that Atticus does when sleeping or when you're not really looking... but me tickling his belly and saying his name, and a definite responsive smile. :-) Too bad I was so busy staring at the smile that I forgot to take a picture!! I'll try to get one this week.

Post Hurricane Ike and a small cool front - it was a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l night here in Austin. Atti and I walked up to the corner grocery store to pick up some vegetables to cook with dinner and then, the Baden family went for a stroll after dinner. If the weather is this lovely all week, we'll be going on a walk every day! I do need to look into baby bug repellant just in case, but it seemed pretty good this evening.

Only bummer thing going on... I have caught a cold. Ugh. I hate colds. I especially dislike colds when I'm limited in my medicine choices because I'm nursing an infant. Cross your fingers that through the miracle of breast milk, Atticus does NOT catch this cold. That would be awful.

In other unrelated news - Atti made the AggieLand News. I need to figure out how to get a press release in the Longhorn News!! Daddy's on the ball...

And lastly - if you can, please consider making a donation to the American Red Cross to help with the Hurricane Ike cleanup efforts. Ike was a HUGE storm and the destruction and devastation is wide spread.

1 comment:

Jeanne and Brad Wallace said...

the nasal flush (neil-med is what its called) works so well, totally safe, but gross. it will help you sleep better, breathe, you name it. call me if you want to know more, it is a life saver at times you can't take medicine usually.